We are looking for an individual that will thrive and contribute to a high-performance culture. This is an opportunity to work within one of the newest and most progressive private therapy and training centres in the country. As an integrated team, we are continually striving to create models for collaboration in delivery of therapy services and/or support of clients or teams in the training environment. The successful applicant will be a therapist that can integrate with the team of current practitioners and collaborate with exceptional professionals from the other disciplines at SCIENCED Athletics, in order to provide the best possible experience for each client.
Mentorship and training will be provided by our lead sport scientist and practitioner team on the appropriate use and incorporation of sport science into the physiotherapists diagnostic assessments and rehabilitation systems.
- Work with cutting edge equipment such as force plates, fixed frame dynamometers and other resources that are available for you to incorporate in your daily working environment.
- Using our private therapy room or the open treatment area, open mirrored movement training area, expansive training area with lifting platforms, dumbbells, treadmill, bike, rowing machine.
- Provide assessment, consultation, treatment and follow-up to SCIENCED Athletics clients – with access to dual force plates, physiological assessments (i.e., lactate thresholds, V02max, body composition)
- Communicate, integrate and collaborate with other practitioners and members of the SCIENCED Athletics team.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all policies, procedures, protocols and College Guidelines
- Maintain accurate and complete patient records.
- Participate in department meetings, clinical training, and in-services
- Maintain a strong professional presence in the community
- Assist with assessing quality of patient care, processes and programs (i.e., client and athlete screening, concussion management program, ACL and other post-surgical programs)
- Supervise students/interns as required
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
- Contributing to the creation of models for collaboration in delivery of therapy services and/or support of clients or teams in the performance training environment
Experience and Qualifications:
- Registered Physical Therapist in good standing with the College of Physical Therapists of BC and adequate malpractice insurance
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a practicing physical therapist working with a diverse client load or managing the service provision for high performance teams
Experience in the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience and/or willingness to incorporate sport science technology into service provision
- Certificate/Diploma in Sport Physiotherapy
- Manual Therapy Certification
- Worked at the provincial/national/international level of sport
Commensurate with experience and client load.
Privacy & Confidentiality
We appreciate your interest in SCIENCED Athletics, we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.