Website SCIENCED Athletics
Using Sport Science to Maximize Your Performance
The focus for this role will be working with individuals of all levels and abilities who are interested in taking an active role in improving their health, increasing their physical fitness, and optimizing their performance. Our Strength & Conditioning Coaches and Kinesiologists take an active role in the delivery of private coaching, active rehabilitation, small group training as well as providing leadership and support to variety of program areas. As an evolving organization, this role requires initiative and a strong ability to be self-motivated while continuing to support the SCIENCED Athletics vision.
Mentorship and training will be provided by our lead sport scientist and strength and conditioning coach on the appropriate use and incorporation of sport science into the coaches’ assessment and training systems.
- Work with cutting edge equipment such as force plates, fixed frame dynamometers and other resources that are available for you to incorporate in your daily working environment.
- Take direction from the Lead Strength & Conditioning and Rehabilitation coaches on all issues relating to the development and delivery of training, rehabilitation programs and services.
- Develop and deliver individual and group training programs for clients of all ages and abilities based on their goals, training experience and objective assessment data.
- Provide assessment, consultation, treatment and follow-up to SCIENCED Athletics clients – with access to dual force plates, physiological assessments (i.e., lactate thresholds, V02max, body composition)
- Incorporate results of functional, physiological and biomechanical assessments into client, team and group training and rehabilitation programs.
- Communicate, integrate and collaborate with other practitioners and members of the SCIENCED Athletics
- Engage with clients in an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and customer service-oriented approach.
- Be knowledgeable about all disciplines and programs at SCIENCED Athletics so as to be able to conduct introductory consultations for prospective clients and guide them in the process of achieving their objectives.
- Assist SCIENCED Athletics business development efforts by pursuing new contacts and clients.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings and staff training sessions to improve SCIENCED Atheltics systems and processes and standard of delivery.
- An understanding of the Long-Term Athlete Development and Youth Physical Development Models as well as experience coaching youth ages 11-16.
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Sport Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a practicing Strength & Conditioning Coach in a multi-disciplinary environment, coaching and rehabbing individuals, teams and groups.
- Current professional accreditation expected (i.e., CSCS, ASCC, ASCA etc.)
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications;
Experience/qualification in the following would be considered an asset:
- Certificate/Diploma in Sport Science
- Experience and/or willingness to incorporate sport science technology into service provision.
- CSEP, BCAK, BASES Certifications
- Experience working with athletes and/or sport teams;
- Experience working with an integrated support team (IST);
Commensurate with experience and client load.
Privacy & Confidentiality
We appreciate your interest in SCIENCED Athletics, we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.